Monday, July 29, 2013

Maniac Magee

I currently finished reading a book called "Maniac Magee" written by Jerry Spinelli. And I would like to introduce a little about this book. Now I will tell you a little bit of the story.Jeffrey Lionel Magee was living a normal life until his parents were killed in a tragic trolley accident when he was three years old. He was sent to live with his Aunt Dot and Uncle Dan. Uncle Dan and Aunt Dot hate each other, meaning Maniac grows up in a loveless, largely silent house. When he was 11-years-old, he finally had enough, and took off running. He runs for couple hundred miles and a year, and ends up in Two Mills, Pennsylvania. And this is when the story starts...

To summarize this in a easy way and with more information, I think the book Maniac Magee is broken into four parts because the setting changes throughout the book. The first part is where Maniac runs away from his aunt's and uncle's house and meets the Beales. The second part is where Maniac lives with Grayson. The third part is with the McNabs, Piper, Russell then finally the Beales again. Manac's family changes in every parts and the way the book is broken up helps the readers understand the story clearly and what changes.

I really enjoyed reading Maniac Magee. The book sends a lot of good messages to the readers. While some parts were very funny, others made me feel very sad. It taught me a lot of things such as how everybody needs to be equally respected and how much family is important. One of the biggest reasons I liked this story is because the pace of the story was just right, not too fast and not to slow. Also, the different characters in the book made me learn a lot of things and feel a lot of things and they also made me reflect on my daily actions. It was very enjoyable to read Maniac Magee. I would like to recommend this book to students who goes to middle school!



1 comment:

  1. I'm happy to see you are using your blog to post extra assignments. Great job!

    ReplyDelete